In our first week of the Mediterranean cruise, we have visited ports in Spain (Cadiz, Malaga, Alicante and Palma de Mallorca) and Gibraltar. I was not well enough to go off the ship, except briefly in Malaga, due to my pneumonia. Roger bravely toured the other ports on his own. Of course I worried the whole time he was off by himself but he made sure not to stay out more than a few hours each time as he knew I would worry. One day he walked just under 9 km!
SO FAR, (touch wood), neither of us have felt seasick. The sea has been quite calm except for two nights near Gibraltar where the ship experienced 'some roll' as the Captain described it. Roger's upper respiratory infection is clearing up nicely and now that I am on stronger antibiotics for the pneumonia, I am starting to feel more like myself.

This is our ship, the Oosterdam. Our cabin is on deck 7, right at the back of the ship. Our room is a good size with a nice sitting area and very large balcony.

The rock in Gibraltar.

Alicante, Spain

Sunrise in Palma de Mallorca, Spain - an island.

A street in Palma
Today, we are in Toulon (Cote d'Azur), France.
By, the way, the weather on this Mediterranean cruise so far has been sunny and warm - in the 20's- yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment